Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I'm Back


It is such a long time since I have written in this blog that I hardly know where to begin! Holidays, sickness, preparations for the performance and new ventures have taken their toll on my blogging focus.

In the photo above the dancers are stretching like cats on their cushions ...a welcome diversion from the serious business of rehearsing their dances.

Our performance is called Shipwreck! and all the dances follow the story of three sailors being lost at sea with fishes and mermaids then finding the island where there is a band of little pirates, jungle creatures, Tinker Bell's companions, parrots, swamp creatures, skeletons and jewels....phew! A lot of creating has to go into an hour of performance with a small number of classes. Consequently there is a bit too much stress for my liking particularly when dancers are away and sequences are tweaked and changed. Then a game of catch up ensues which takes more time out of rehearsing. I cant believe it will come together but as my friends remind me I say this every year.

Last year was so intense I thought a bare stage, black dance wear and improvising for an hour was the way to go but it looks like I cant help myself. There is always a story to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment