Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Vivaldi's Spaghetti Dance

It has been great fun attacking the "Housework" with everyone this week. As one of the dances we cook spaghetti. I use Vivaldi's 4 Seasons Concerto, Winter, Allegro non molto for this as it is very descriptive of the movement qualities I want the dancers to explore...stiff walking to the pot, dropping into the pot, becoming softer and rising in the pot as the spaghetti cooks before boiling over. The spaghetti then flies around the kitchen, throws itself against the wall before sliding down to the floor and being swept away to begin again. Even my wonderfully "cool" teens used it as warm up to the class. Does any one have a piece of music that they build a story around? I would love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is great Roz! I am so glad you started one! Do you like it? I do this spaghetti dance too! they love love love it! :) Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to read more of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to hear from you....you are my first comment. I am really enjoying sharing my ideas. Each week I post a more detailed description on my web site. It hopefully reassures the parents, whose children when asked what they have done in class say "nothing", that we have been experiencing all sorts of dance.

    ReplyDelete