Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Plies and Tendus



I'm missing dancing! Not even a week into holidays and I feel as if I am wired and need to get rid of all the energy I usually use up teaching. Also over the past term I have been taking two Ballet classes a week which I am missing too.

For various reasons my Ballet education was very sporadic as a child and it wasnt until my early 20's that I took Contemporary classes. Unfortunately it was a bit late to make it in the dance world so I turned to painting instead. When my daughter started Creative Dance 25 yrs ago I thought "this is what I really want to do" and I began to dance seriously. But the fantasy ballerina still exists inside me and when these wonderful teachers started teaching adults in my home town I jumped at the chance. I feel like a muscian who has learnt to play by ear but decides to learn to read music. It is not easy, I am an oldish woman (62) now and the brain and body are not always in sync but I love the challenge. Doing plies and tendus makes me feel as if I am 6 years old again and I just can't wait to start the next term!

What do you do to keep your inner child alive? I would love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment